Thursday, July 8, 2010

So far so good...

I've spent some time editing and adding to the current WIP. It really does help to ask, "So what comes next?" I'm also a little surprised by how much it helps to know that I have to post progress here, every day.

I also worked on another project, adding notes to the main document.

I've also started investigating different Christian/Inspirational publishers, gathering names and checking what their word length requirements are.

Walking, this morning, at a local park, a little duckling was wandering alone by the lake. I could hear an adult duck quacking, but the baby seemed confused. I couldn't leave it alone, but the next thing I knew it was following me. No good. What could I do? Three other ducklings appeared from under an overhang. With a little coaxing, our lost duckling found his way to the edge and dropped in. Suddenly, the awkwardness disappeared, as well as the distress, as he was re-united with the others. God sends unexpected helpers to watch over us and coax us, even when we don't realize we are lost.

3 comments:

  1. Cute story about the ducklings. Reminded me of walking out to a local pond in my teens, and a mother duck started to lead her ducklings across the street, only to have a woman shoo them all back toward the pond, admonishing, "Get those babies out of the street!" Poor mother duck. Good luck finding your right publishers I like the inspirationals that aren't afraid to tackle some hard issues or have the main characters face lifelike adversaries. I know that scares some readers, but maybe the sort of inspirationals you sound like you want to write will reach traders who might not think they want to read inspirationals, because they expect artificial problems or antagonists who don't sound real. So good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Varina! And thanks for sharing your duck story. Some people simply can't help mothering, no matter the species.

    ReplyDelete