Monday, August 9, 2010

Tidying up...

Did a bit of neatening before continuing. I find it interesting that as I explore honor, in depth, my hero is fleshing out more clearly. To me, a hero isn't a hero without honor. And yes, I've read books where the hero/heroine was less than honorable, and didn't like them.

Also worked on another writing project. A bit unexpected that, but satisfying, too, since it's been niggling at me.

Honor 5: The center point of the upper half of an armorial escutcheon
What?
armorial: of, relating to, or bearing heraldic arms
escutcheon: 1: A defined area on which armorial bearings are displayed and which usually consists of a shield 2: A protective or ornamental plate of flange 3: the part of a ship's stern on which the name is displayed
Oh.
Definitely not pertinent to my exploration, but thank you Merriam-Webster. It helps to know not only what you mean but what you don't mean.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes defining what it is not, does a lot to define what it is, like drawing in the negative space to create a picture.

    ReplyDelete