Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Review...

I shared with my counselor a bit of what I've written for THE PROJECT. It was interesting. I've seen plenty of advice from the publishing industry that dictates that one must write what will sell. In THE PROJECT, I've fretted over whether or not what I've written is salable. I was advised that it is more important to write what will most help me. I will endeavor to keep that in mind, over the next week, and see what happens, writing from that perspective.

2 comments:

  1. I can see that having "salable" hanging over your head would be inhibiting. Hopefully putting that on the back burner will make the project seem less like a project and more like you writing what you know, in a way that's "you" -- unrestricted by the publishing industry's idea of what you should be saying. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for saying exactly what I needed to hear, right this moment. :-)

    ReplyDelete