Thursday, September 23, 2010

You know it's going to be a difficult day when...

...it takes more than twelve hours to do work that usually takes only six hours. By the time I finished my work, my brain was done. I cut myself a break, and curled up with a book, but I didn't stop thinking about THE PROJECT. I realized that part of my recent struggle is that I liked my original idea, but I also liked the knew idea, and yet choosing one or the other simply didn't feel right. So, I'm choosing both. This is going to be a little tricky, weaving the two ideas together, but I think it will also be richer for the effort. Back to work. PTBW feels like work, but THE PROJECT lifts me, but only if I stay true to its purpose. I'm writing it for me.

2 comments:

  1. I remember the time when something I was writing had to go in a different direction, but it was a struggle to let go of the original plan. After much thought and working through different ideas I found that I was able to weave the two seemingly opposing ideas together to make something that was better than the original plan. It might be tricky at first to figure it out, but if you stick with it, you will have something that is definitely richer -- and even more "yours" than before, because you worked hard to make it work.

    ReplyDelete