Tuesday, October 5, 2010

First thing to do: STOP LYING TO YOURSELF

With more storms, today, I learned something new about myself. Yesterday, I lamented that I turned off my brain as well as my computer. I found myself in the same situation, today, except that I learned something new, today. I really cannot focus on anything during a storm, except the storm. I gave up trying to read or do anything else, pulled up a chair in front of the picture window, and watched the rain and wind plow through, while listening to the thunder. Couldn't really see any lightning, due to the tree in front of the window. Now, the announcer kept warning about the storms and that you should stay away from the windows. Felt a bit like those poor bugs attracted to those bug light zappers. All afternoon, I watched the storms roll in and out. I am awed by the power and frightened by what that unleashed power is capable of destroying. They were also announcing possible tornadoes to add to the excitement. I've never been one much for gawking at traffic accidents. I have met my own version of the traffic accident: Storms.

1 comment: