Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Breath in, breath out...

I did it. I cut the scene the judges all said seemed out of place. I saved it to another document. It might be useful in another story, or later in the trilogy. I don't know. The joy of cut and paste: I don't have to say goodbye to things I love for ever. Keep breathing. A part of me reasons that I'm being silly. It's not a critical scene. If it were, the judges wouldn't have wanted it axed. I like the scene, but then I remind myself that it doesn't actually move the story along. It's done. Now, onward to more editing.

2 comments:

  1. It's always so hard to cut our darlings, but I'm proud of you for seeing its necessity. Acceptance is the first stage of revision, eh? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and now that I read it again, it's so much better.

    ReplyDelete