Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ah, the way of technology...

The attachments didn't make it! So, I resent them, this evening. It wasn't nearly as nerve wracking. I did my PTBW, though it's not really paying the bills anymore, but something is always better than nothing. Then I started on the second book in the trilogy. I brainstormed with my dear friend on the plot because my original plan wasn't particularly solid. I'm a bit of a pantster (writing by the seat of my pants). I tend to go where the story takes me, which is fine if you have thousands of pages to meander wherever the story takes you. However, when there's a limit, you have to reach the point eventually, and preferable before the last page. Nothing worse than a book that leads you along only to do an information dump on the last page. In our discussion, I also came to realize that I tend to start a story, and then I need to write the end, so I know where I'm going. Interestingly enough, I also tend to write the story backwards from there. What led to that last scene? And what led to the second to last scene. The book finished yesterday ended up with chapters being cut and the last eight chapters being rearranged, except for the final one. I love the whole process.

1 comment:

  1. I learn about living that way. If I am angry what came before that and what came before that. Kind of a reverse engineering life. It works. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete