Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Decisions, decisions...

How to use my pen name. I love the name Laurel Hawkes. I love the persona I've created for Laural Hawkes. I've thought about legally changing my name to Laurel Hawkes, but there is that part of me that feels like I need to learn to love who I am, not just my Brand. There is my non-fiction and my fiction. Oddly enough, after a heart-to-heart with one of my best friends in the world, I'm thinking I'll publish the the non-fiction under Laurel Hawkes, and the fiction under my real name. I needed to face the fact that in this information age, it won't be long before anyone who wants to know will know the connection. I might as well own it.

Another realization, today. I love reading contemporary romance. I love dabbling in writing it, but I definitely can't carry off a serious undertaking, at least, not yet. I hope to reach the point where I'm able to express those stories in my head, maybe even later this year. But right now, I feel like there are some things I still need to learn. I also love reading historical romances, particularly Regency. I also really enjoy writing in that time period. I love the language and being on the cusp of change from the old world to the new. The world was starting to make some significant changes.

This month's plan is to overhaul my inspirational historical romance, one chapter a day, including the synopsis for that chapter.

Interestingly enough, I've come to the realization that mornings, for me, are great for the practical things, paying bills, catching up on emails, running errands, PTBW, etc. Around two or three o'clock in the afternoon, my creativity seems to kick in, and I am able to work on my writing for the next six to eight hours. Who knew? Oh, God knew, and has been waiting for me to figure it out. I'm so grateful God is patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment