Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day...

This year, I learned that St. Patrick's Day is not a drinking holiday. It is, in fact, a religious feast day. Cool. I had PTBW, today. Thanks, DrR! To celebrate the re-write of the project, my sister gave me a new lavender plant. My last one wasn't doing well. It was also several years old. I hadn't cared for it as I ought to have done. The last one had full sun during the heat of summer and full shade during the chill of winter. I'll do better with the new one. I've learned a lot about the proper care of lavender. It smells wonderful. I put it in a pot that I intended to move around a bit until I find a spot that suits it. I also did a re-write of chapter one of the current WIP. I'm much happier with it. I finished reading Stephanie Newton's Point Blank Protector, of the Emerald Coast 911 series, which take place in Florida. It's a Harlequin Love Inspired Suspense. She was one of the first writers that I made a conscious effort to read because she was a debut writer. She's now on my must-read list. What I like about series is the opportunity to re-visit old friends from previous books, seeing how their lives are coming along. There was also an added treat with a quick trip to Sedona, Arizona. She had some intriguing concepts in her story. I recommend the whole series.

No comments:

Post a Comment