Thursday, June 30, 2011

Worrying with faith...

I worked on my budget, today. Like many people, right now, I'm struggling. My main source of income laid me off, at the beginning of the year. I decided to put my faith in God and pursue what I believed He had laid on my heart. It's been six months. I wonder if I've missed opportunities, because I've turned down a couple of potential offers, though none of them were sure. I felt I should focus on my writing. It seemed the timing was perfect. My savings is dwindling, slowly but surely, so I asked God for a breadcrumb as I drove home from dropping off work, with no work to pick up, today. It isn't that I don't trust God, I do. However, I'm not as good at trusting myself. In truth, I prayed for God strength my weakness, to help my unbelief. My blog hasn't been accessible since last night, so I thought I'd check again. Here it is, and this quote appeared in one of my widgets: "Rejoice at your weakness. When you are weak I am strong. Strong to help, to cure, to protect." --Two Listeners

Thanks God for yet another breadcrumb.

2 comments:

  1. That's a good word coming at a good time. It reminds me of the verses that say: "'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

    It's not exactly the same, but it still works both ways! I'm not quite at the place were I can always say, "it's great to be having a hard time!" -- but it really does help me deal with it when God reminds me that it's just those times when His power can be at its most effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ((Margaret)) This dovetails with what I'm thinking and feeling right now.

    ReplyDelete