Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuesday already?

Don't you hate it when you look at the date and realize it isn't what you thought? Somehow a day has been lost, and it cannot be retrieved, because it actually wasn't.

I was struggling with a difficult scene, a turning point. I searched my Bible for the right verse, and found several I liked, but none quite fit. I had looked at the Book of Common Prayer, 1662, available online, hoping for inspiration, but couldn't find the study schedule. I explained the problem to God. That little niggle in my heart suggested that I check the 1549 version. And there was the schedule. More importantly, there was the inspiration I had been searching for, an apt fit for the situation, I think. We'll see what my first reader thinks; she has a pretty good idea of what works and what doesn't.

Editing continues, clearly, and more words are being added. Thank you, God, for all the help.

2 comments:

  1. Losing a day is as bad as knowing exactly what day it is, and not being able to stop the inexorable advance towards a deadline that you wish was farther away. ;-) I hope you were able to recover from that lost day; perhaps it got lost because you needed some time away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Gone is gone, but I'm not sweating it.

    ReplyDelete