Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Characters... can't live with 'em....

As I struggle to work on book 3, with James, Jamie in book 5 keeps needling me. I'll be doing research on James, and Jamie will ask, "Well, what about..." Is it to help James? Oh, no! Jamie wants to know more about his back story. No matter how many times I tell him to wait his turn, he nudges me with another question. I've tried putting him off, and stalling with other things, but as soon as I turn my attention to writing again, there's Jamie. "What about me?" No matter how often I promise I'll not forget him, he is wholly unwilling to wait quietly in the wings. Maybe I need to bargain with him... I'll give him equal time... Ah, the insanity of being a writer... :-) It's fun. Really, except when the characters are being pesky... like Jamie... LOL!

2 comments: