Friday, November 18, 2011

Day Eighteen of NaNoWriMo...

1681 total ~ 31310 Still hanging in there. I wasn't sure I was going to make it, today. After yesterday's declaration, I wasn't surprised, today, when I opened the email from Harlequin rejecting my manuscript. I find it so amazing that yesterday I'd reached the point where I was perfectly okay with whatever happened. I've been reading up on self-publishing and exploring other publishers and beginning to think that Harlequin might not be my best choice. I'm a little disappointed... I was rejected, after all, but I know it's for the best. I was given some helpful feedback as to their reasoning, but they weren't reasons I was willing to change in my story. I also confess that I'm scared. I feel like the door has been flung open wide to the possibilities, and I'm not used to this kind of freedom. It feels good, but it's unnerving, too. Letting go of another dream, though this time I truly feel like God has something that is better for me in store, if I'll only keep taking the next step and the next step and the next step. So, do I believe Him or don't I? I believe Him. Jesus help my unbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment