Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day Nineteen of NaNoWriMo...

1916 total ~ 33226 Still moving along. Today was one of those days when I wondered where the story was going to go. I fretted, and then I remembered that the goal is to put the words on the page. So, I relaxed and thought, "What comes next?" Ah. I knew what came next, but then I fretted about how I should go about it. Again, the thought came to mind, the goal is to put the words on the page, so I started to write. And as so often happens, once I started writing, the story told itself, until the next chapter was finished. I may end up doing a lot of editing, but it wouldn't be the first time, and won't be the last.

Visiting family arrived, and I wondered if it would through me off track. It did, a little, but not enough to worry overmuch.

I've arranged to chat with Kris Tualla, at the next Desert Rose meeting. We joined at the same time, several years ago. She's self-published, and is working with a publisher. She writes historical romance. Her mantra is "Norway is the new Scotland." Her heroes are Norse. She was repeatedly told that no one wants to read about heroes from Norway. She didn't fit the romance "formula." So she published her books herself. Her enthusiasm and passion are inspiring and contagious.

The future is uncertain, but only to me. God knows, and He is in control, and I'm learning to trust that assurance.

2 comments: