Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day Sixteen of NaNoWriMo...

1847 total ~ 27640 Simply amazing. It's easier to write new chapters than to edit material that's already written. I need to remember that for future stories. I'm not a linear writer. Sometimes a scene pops into my head, and I write it and will slip it in where it belongs when the right spot pops up. I usually write the last chapter long before I reach it. That being said, it's a lot of work when I'm having to double check continuity from new material to old material that is finally being worked into the story. That being said, I'm discovering that my editing is best done during the earlier parts of the day, while actually writing tends to occur after 10 o'clock at night. There's something about the quietness of the time that helps my mind settle into the story. No interruptions, no distractions. I've learned to take 1-2 hour naps in the middle of the day, so I don't become sleep deprived. It doesn't always work, but it's a better schedule than I've ever enjoyed before. It takes a while to form a habit, and this one is still in the training stages. It does seem to be working well for me. (I'm also listening to Christmas music while I write. :-) )

1 comment: