Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

Back in 2009, I decided to jump off the hamster wheel of resolutions making and breaking them tradition, permanently. I hadn't actually tried to make any resolutions for longer than I care to remember. I felt such a failure in so many ways. I would set goals, and they'd fall apart in no time at all, sometimes by virtue of events beyond my control, but more often due to self-sabotage. I needed to find a different way of looking at them, so I wanted to keep them, and remain within the realm of possibilities. It's easy to say that you want to marry and make a million dollars, but there are a lot of factors that need to be considered in that ambition, including the other people involved in such goals.

Christmas has always been a difficult time of year, for me. Pressure, stress, disappointments. Then it dawned on me that what I wanted was Christmas presents that changed me. So, now I make a short list of gifts I am going to give myself over the next year.

December 2011:

1. I allowed lack of funds to curb my Just Because It's Tuesday gifts (gifts given on any day but Tuesday for fun). I want to learn to do it without spending a lot of money.

2. Lose the fat. A friend posted a picture showing the difference between 5 lb of fat and 5 lb of muscle. It made an impression. Like most people, every day, I plan on losing weight. Some days I'm successful; some days I'm not. I'm going to try to not think of it as losing weight, but losing fat. Who wouldn't want to lose fat?

3. Kindle - I need an ebook reading device.

4. Finish two more novels, in addition to becoming, in every sense of the words, a published author. I have a lot to learn. I would also like to learn how to write articles.

5. Do more about my appearance. I know I'll feel more comfortable in social situations if I feel more comfortable with my appearance. I've allowed a lot to slide because I wanted to pretend like it didn't matter. It does.

6. I enjoy natural beauty products, especially making my own, but I haven't done much of it, ever. This year, I'm going to do more of it. I have incredibly sensitive skin, and can't use a lot of products. Natural products, I make myself, seem to be easier on my skin.

7. Continue to be a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment