Monday, December 19, 2011

Thanking God...

Desert Breeze Publishing has made an offer for contracts for three books in my Endless Possibilities series.

A Promise of Possibilities -- August 21, 2012
Hidden Possibilities -- March 2013
Unexpected Possibilities -- October 2013

God bless my sister writers in the Desert Rose chapter of Romance Writers of America. Kris Tualla encouraged me to submit to Desert Breeze Publishing. I'd heard of them and had put them on my list of possible publishers. After talking to Kris, I did my homework. The more I read, the more I liked what I was reading. Then I saw this on their site: "...Christian novels with a bit more real world flair. It's not always easy being Christian, and we would like to see novels that expressed that." And I knew I was home.

I am so incredibly honored, and delighted. I'm still laughing and crying.

This is part of the email I sent out to those who have been with me through this journey from the beginning:

After submitting, I prayed that if this was to be that God would help the editor see past my weaknesses and see the strengths and possibilities. Then I prayed that if I was going to be rejected to please let it be soon so I'd know and could move on. I marked the eight-week deadline in my calendar, last night. This morning, I woke early feeling restless. I took myself for a walk, but had to come home because it was drizzling. I knelt in my morning prayers and couldn't bring myself to ask God for another breadcrumb that I was headed in the right direction, because He'd already made it so obvious. Then I popped online, and found the email (from Gail R. Delaney, Editor-In-Chief) that was sent late last night. God is good.

Happy birthday to me and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Thank you all so much for being such an important part of this exciting adventure!

All is in God's hands.

7 comments:

  1. I can't imagine a better early Birthday/Christmas present than that email! Congrats!!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. SQUEEEEEEE!

    Super-dee-duper-dee happy for you, my friend. Congratulations. What a fantastic Christmas gift! I can't wait to read your book.

    Peace & blessings,
    Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading this over and over. I am so freaking happy for you. What do you want to do to celebrate?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I sponsored a month at The Fellowship of Middle-earth, where it all started. :-) And now I'm set up at FaceBook, too. Whoohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Over the moon for your great news! You have worked very hard, brava!

    ReplyDelete