Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cutting...

It is always gut wrenching deleting material from a story, especially material you like. After my first reader finished Luck In Love, she gave me several suggestions. I've followed through on all, but one. A scene early on slows the story down, but I love it. Even so, she's right. It slows it down, too much. So today, I sit here struggling to cut the scene to a manageable size. It's going to require a lot of cutting. I thought I could combine it with an earlier chapter, but it detracts from the earlier chapter. So, I'm adding what's left to the next chapter. It makes more sense, but it's still a fight with myself to do it. Today's goal: Cut the scene, rewrite the chapter if I have to, but make the changes necessary. I'll move on, tomorrow. I won't force myself to keep working on the story, tonight.

So many great blogs to read, so little time. Even so, I still go through them every day and pick and choose ones to read. There's always something new to learn or something inspiring to find. A treasure hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment