Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Desert Dreams Writers' Conference 2012... reason #20

Hurry! The registration deadline for the Desert Dreams Writer's Conference has changed to March 31st, so you still have time to join in the fun. http://www.desertroserwa.org Stephanie Burkhart's A Polish Heart is a sweet romance was interesting, and held together from beginning to end. Darrin and Sofia are perfect for each other. I finished feeling satisfied and uplifted. I also decided I wanted to make my own Blessing Basket for Easter, this year. I'm not Catholic or Slovak, but I enjoyed the Easter Basket as a child, and have missed it as an adult. It was something special to physically mark the significance of the day. I also wanted to be able to create something to help me create a deeper intentional celebration of the Fulfilling of Jesus Christ's mission on earth. Yesterday, I decided I'd do my homework, to learn what I needed to start a new tradition. "Ask and ye shall receive." Tiffany Aller, Yahoo! Contributor Network, wrote and posted an article titled The Blessing of the Baskets: A Catholic (Slovak) Easter Tradition. I checked the links included, and they don't work, just so you know. http://voices.yahoo.com/the-blessing-baskets-catholic-slovak-easter-tradition-243986.html My own editing continues.

2 comments:

  1. We always had Easter baskets, but we didn't use them in this way. They were used on Easter morning to collect the hidden boiled eggs we had decorated previously. It's fun tradition! I actually think I still have the basket that was designated as mine when I was growing up. I'm sentimental about such things and hang on to them. ;-) Maybe I'll use it this year for my own intentional celebration -- I like what you call it, the Fulfilling of Jesus Christ's mission! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you still have your childhood Easter basket! What a treasure; I mean, think of all the memories collected in it.

      Delete