Saturday, March 24, 2012

Desert Dreams Writers' Conference 2012... reason #24

Have I mentioned you'll have the opportunity to meet editors and agents and authors? Yes, I have. So, why haven't you registered yet? An extra incentive: Kathryne Kennedy will critique one winner's query letter on April 1st. Of course, you have to be registered for the conference to be eligible. :-) http://www.desertroserwa.org Enjoyable interview with Lynette Endicott at Maria Hammarblad's site: http://www.scifiromance.info/2012/03/interview-with-lynette-endicott.html Whoohoo!! The first spam made it through the Blogger filter. Congratulations Blogger! With Google changing everything, they didn't make it better! I find the best way to handle this nonsense is to laugh at those trying to muck up my day. I was so confused. The commenter told me I could do better. Wait... What? I looked at the post they were commenting on, and it was yesterday's. Ummm... it was pitching the conference, like I have all month, so that wasn't new. I shared a blog I liked, which I do on a regular basis, so that wasn't new either. Then I shared a book I really enjoyed, and since it's my opinion, they don't have the right to discount it. I've also shared other books before, so it wasn't new either. Then I looked at the name. Oh. Should have looked there first. An ad. What do you know! They were right! I could have done better! Next time, I look at the name first, and then the spam goes *poof*

No comments:

Post a Comment