Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Exploring the senses...touch

Rough or smooth, hot or cold, slimy or spongy...

Following along my theme of flowers, this week, which wasn't intended. I love rubbing rose petals between my thumb and forefinger or brushing it along my cheek. Soft.

I miss my dog's silky ears.

I miss my horse's fuzzy winter coat, and satin nose.

The clothes I buy to wear may catch my eye, but if they don't pass the touch test, I don't care how pretty it is.

I'm one of those who loves high-thread count sheets.

I love the feel of bread when I knead it, the snap and pop... yes, you can feel it... then when it shifts from "lumpy" to smooth... ready to be shaped. Then the texture of fresh bread from the oven... butter melting over it... the way it looks, the way it smells, the way it feels, the way it tastes...

No comments:

Post a Comment