Thursday, May 10, 2012

Exploring the sense...taste...

Thursday is my day to visit my favorite eatery, P.Croissant. I'm slowly but surely working my way through the menu. I usually meet a friend or two there, and we chat over delicious food about a variety of subjects. I always leave feeling centered and looking forward to the day and what's coming.

The croissants are crisp on the outside, and tender on the inside, exactly like I remember having in Paris. The hot chocolate is smooth, and not too sweet, even with the cool whipped cream piled on top. Even thinking about it whisks me back to Paris, eating a croissant for breakfast, dipping it in chocolate milk. This is better. :-)

My favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, compliments of Joanne Fluke's recipe found in her book Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder, is decadent, fresh from the oven. There is the smell of baking cookies, the golden cookie, with warm chocolate chips melting throughout, and the chewy texture compliments of the Chex I use in place of oatmeal (to which I'm allergic) and Corn Flakes, which I didn't have on hand. I make my own brown sugar, with white sugar and molasses, which gives it a slightly richer flavor.

Spring is here, and my blackberry bushes are bearing. I trimmed them back because they were out of control, so the crop will be small this year. This means there will be no blackberry jam, but I'm enjoying a bowl of berries for breakfast, every morning. The glistening black berries are actually a deep, dark purple, with a juicy flavor that is sweet and little tart.

Enjoy the flavors of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment