Friday, August 10, 2012

It's Friday...

Ladyhawke is the first time I saw a Friesian, and I fell for Goliath. God blessed me with a gray Arab/Appaloosa. I'm not complaining, because I'd never really believed I'd own a horse. So many dreams in my life had been shattered by the time he showed up. I figured it was God reminding me to never stop dreaming because sometimes they do come true in the most unexpected ways.

We were together five years. I learned a lot from him. He's been gone ten years now, and I still cry for missing him.

Growing up I always wanted to go horseback riding. When I found myself with a horse with back problems, I discovered what mattered most: I was honored he gifted me with his trust, and simply being with him was more than enough.

Winston Churchill rightly said, "There's something about the outside of a horse that's good for the inside of a man."


I found this Friesian on a free-photo site, which I hope was legitimate. It's a crazy world we live in.

Enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment