Monday, August 27, 2012

One week ago...

Luck: Where's Jonathan going?
Jack: To fetch Elizabeth.
Luck: I want to fetch--pick up Sara.
Jack: You're not permitted.
LUck: Why?
Jack: Don't you know?
Luck: Would I be asking if I did?
Jack: You should know.
Matthew: Their end is near.
Luck: Their end? What do you mean their end?

Jack: Matthew's being dramatic.
Luck: It doesn't sound good.
Mark: Does he look like it isn't good?
Luck: No. No he looks far too pleased with himself.
James: Oh. Of course, their time has come.
Mark: You're saying their wait is over?
Luck: For what?
Mark: Their Happily Ever After, of course.
Luck: You mean…
Jack: Final formatting.
Matthew: Final what?
Jack: For uploading to various sites to enable downloading to a variety of devices.
Luck: What would you know about formatting, uploading, and downloading?
Jack: You would be surprised. What else have I to do with so little accomplished thus far in my life? It's pathetic, I know. By the way, you're next.
Luck: Will it hurt, do you think? Not that I'm worried.
Jack: Of course not. *snort*
Matthew: If Jonathan's countenance is anything to go by, it doesn't appear to be painful in the least.
Mark: Wish he'd left the door open a little longer. I'd like to have seen his Elizabeth.
James: You are not considering something so dishonorable as poaching another man's lady?
Mark: What is it with you Regency men? Of course not. He's been babbling about her for years. She's your sister, so you and Matthew already know what she looks like, but Luck, Jack, and I haven't had the pleasure of meeting her.
Jack: I don't suppose he'd smuggle us a copy of his story.
Mark: Why can't her brothers, James, Matthew, and Benjamin, tell us?
Jack: They only know the bits of which they're a part.
Mark: Pity.
Jack: Gentleman, buck up and kindly shut up. You at least are acquainted with your heroines. Mine still doesn't even have a name.
Luck: Sorry, Jack.
Mark: Yeah, sorry Jack.
Matthew: No offense intended, Jack.
James: Tough luck old man.
Jack: I don't suppose one of you would hurry our Laurel Hawkes along?
Mark: Sorry, it's my fault. I sprang a few surprises on her.
Jack: Should have known.
Luck: Hang in there, Jack. If there's anything you may be assured of is she will not forget you.
Jack: Of course not. I won't let her. I only hope to be a fraction as pleased as Jonathan.
Matthew: Godspeed, Jonathan.
James: Hear! Hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment