Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The heroes farewell another of their own...

Posted first on FB.
Jack: I've not seen Luck for a few days, now. I do hope nothing is amiss or befell the poor fellow. He's been in quite the state.
Mark: You don't know?
Jack: Know what?
Mark: He's gone.
Jack: Gone? What do you mean gone? He's so young!
Matthew: Jack! You widgeon, Mark didn't mean gone into the West.
Jack: Oh. Rush my fence, did I?
James: A mite.
Mark: He and Sara are published.
Jack: Oh. What…or should I say, who is next?
Matthew: Laurel is awaiting edits for me.
Jack: No need to be so smug.
James: Don't worry, Jack. He isn't. It's all false bravado. In truth, he's terrified.
Mark: Yes, I'm going through a re-write while she waits.
Jack: Pray tell, why should improving your story be unnerving?
Mark: You think you're safe, and then she uncovers another secret.
Jack: Oh.
James: Are you quite all right, Jack?
Mark: Yes, Jack, you look quite pale?
Matthew: Most intriguing. Care to share with the rest of us, Jack?
Jack: I have so many secrets.
James: Not for long.

2 comments:

  1. Hah! Poor Jack, about to have his secrets uncovered.

    Sounds like you're pretty busy! Hope the story improving isn't as unnerving for you as it is for your characters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's more unnerving for me than for them. I'm so often surprised.

      Delete