Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Back into the fray...

I'm doing the re-write of Unexpected Possibilities, the third book of the Endless Possibilities series, James' story. I'm using what I've learned. Different word choices, greater care with POV.

It feels good to be back at it again, and it's coming a long as planned and a little ahead of schedule.

For me, writing is still something I'd rather do than almost anything else, though I do seem to procrastinate at times. I'm learning things aren't always as they seem. I've needed to make some changes here and there. The time away, doing something else, allows my subconscious to work on the story and iron out the details. When I come back to it, I know how to fix the bubbles and catch errors I missed.

An example, today, I'd described my hero wearing a superfine coat in black a few days ago. I continued with the chapter, today, and discovered the coat was described again later as chocolate brown. I changed the first because the chocolate brown was correct. I know, correct in my mind. Another way of looking at it is I tried them both out in my mind and chocolate brown fit better.

2 comments: