Thursday, May 2, 2013

National Day of Prayer...

I admit, I'm kind of new to the National Day of Prayer. Yes, it's been around for 62 years, but I didn't know about it.

http://nationaldayofprayer.org/

Or perhaps it's more a case of I knew about it but didn't pay much attention. I pray every day, so what was so special about this?

As I've grown older and wiser (I hope on the latter), I recognize more clearly Matthew 18:20:

For where two or three gather in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Perhaps it's a matter of having had more opportunities to pray for friends and friends of friends far away. When all else is beyond my capabilities to do anything helpful, I am able to join my prayers with the prayers of others.

Sometimes, the hoped for outcome doesn't happen. Sometimes the outcome far exceeds anything we hoped for. In all cases, there is a sense of lending aid, no matter how small, and trusting God a little bit more.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment