Thursday, July 18, 2013

One of my favorite dishes...

When I lived in Thailand, I used to eat khai yat sai on a regular basis.

Stir fry ground pork or chicken. Set it aside. Stir fry vegetables. In the US, I used zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Set it aside with the meat. Fish sauce and soy sauce and garlic are added during the cooking, but since I didn't keep fish sauce on hand and my tummy isn't a huge fan of garlic, I only used soy sauce and only sparingly. Pour in 1-2 beaten eggs and roll the pan so the egg  spreads out into a thin layer, like crepe batter. In a minute or two, it will be cooked because it's so thin. Add the meat and veggie mixture in the middle of the egg "crepe." Fold the sides over the top, making an envelope or pocket. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment