Saturday, April 19, 2014

Happy Easter

A time of reflection and rejoicing.

Jesus lived to teach me how to live.

Jesus Christ determined I was worth dying for.

Sometimes, I'm tempted to disagree. I feel worthless. I recognize my plethora of imperfections. I cannot deny my flaws, my mistakes, my sins. I endeavor to do better and fail and fail and fail.

Sometimes, it's difficult to remember. Jesus didn't die for me for what I do right in my life. Jesus died for me for all the things wrong in my life.

Jesus conquered sin, spiritual death.

Jesus rose from the dead, conquering the final chains of physical death.

The end for which the first was made.

Jesus Christ, my Savior, my Redeemer, my Lord, and my King.

2 comments:

  1. I've been teaching my 6 year old that because Jesus died for us, our mistakes don't own us. We were bought with a price, and we belong to Jesus, even when we make mistakes. Christianity 101, and so, so important! I love your point that Jesus didn't die for our perfection, he died for our sins. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I worry so much about doing the right thing, I forget what Jesus has done for me.

      Delete