Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Reveiw of AZ Dreamin Readers' Conference...

Loved it!

First, I presented a workshop, A Writer's Environment, at the amazing Buildin' the Dream conference, run in connection with AZ Dreamin'. The first is for writers of any kind, and the second is for romance readers. What an amazing opportunity and experience. I learned from every class. Of course, the problem was wanting to be in two classes at the same time.

At the readers' conference, the following day, I attended book clubs ~ 30 minute blocks ~ with some of my favorite authors. Fan girl moment: I met Hallee Bridgeman. I discovered her books because of the conference. She writes the kind of Christian Romance novels I love to read. I'll write a complete blog on her, including a link to her blog, on Thursday.

I renewed friendships, seeing some wonderful people I haven't seen since last year's conference, and made some new friends I look forward to seeing next year.

The hotel was lovely, located on a golf course, and the area was beautiful. I enjoyed gazing at the north side of Camelback Mountain from my balcony. I spent time every morning breathing in the view and the cool air. Yes, it was still cool in the morning.

Fun side notes:

At breakfast, in the dining room, I sat by the window or outside, and saw the little cottontail who lived in the area. Cute!

On Sunday morning, I sat outside on the balcony while I read my Bible. At 8:05, a line of golf carts trundled along the path between the hotel and the golf course. The first thing to pop into my head was: A ride in Disneyland!

No comments:

Post a Comment