Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Attempting something different...

I'm not married, have no children, and no pets. I've held to a strict schedule and berated myself when I failed to meet eating, sleeping, exercising, and writing goals.

Over the years, I've learned that a routine is helpful in handling C-PTSD (Complex though the psychological experts are changing it to Developmental PTSD). Changing names doesn't change what I deal with every day.

I decided to try something new. I sleep when I'm tired. Interestingly enough, this keeps me from eating when I'm tired. My schedule isn't what I expected. I sleep for a few hours and then I'm awake for several hours. My favorite writing time is actually in the middle of the night. Now, I don't feel guilty about not sleeping when I "should." I sleep for a couple of hours in the late morning, a time I always had trouble using effectively anyway. Waking up and not being able to go back to sleep is no longer something to be lamented but used to accomplish my goals.

I'm working on two novels and one novella. I've accomplished more in the last week than I have in the last month. This has only been going on for a little over a week. We'll see what happens this month.

Sometimes, a little change is able to make a huge difference, but you have to be willing to make the change.


No comments:

Post a Comment