Thursday, September 25, 2014

Deadline frustrations...

Wings to Fly is due on 1 October. I think it's the most challenging of any of the books I've written. It was mostly written when I was offered the contract. As I completed the other four books in the series, I made significant discoveries in my life. I hope my writing reflects what I've learned.

When it came time to finally prepare Wings to Fly for publishing it no longer fit. I was stuck in some circular thinking I'd outgrown. I scrapped most of the book and started over. I a week to finish recreating the story that will finish The Silver Locket Sisterhood series.

I've made so many amazing discoveries about Samantha and Jordan. Their battles are more subtle than those of the heroes and heroines of the other books. They tackle the more painful walk of the follower of Christ, the everyday difficulties that trip up a Believer.

It isn't the huge things that crush but the myriad little things building up over time.

This story starts in 1987 and ends in 2001 or 2002. Yes, I'm not sure yet. I'm in rewrites and things tend to change a lot during the process as I learn more and more about the characters and their stories.

Adding to all of it, my allergies have kicked in as the weather cools. My allergy medicine makes me a bit fuzzy in my thinking. Not helpful.

I've reached the point where all I can do is turn it all over to God and pray He sees me through. I fear disappointing Him and not fulfilling my part adequately.

May your day be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment