Tuesday, September 2, 2014

"Tarnished Knight" is in...

...and will be available in January 2015.

I didn't care for the rough draft. I finished the rewrite, pleasant surprised, over and over. Jack and Abigail sprang a number of surprises.

Other surprises included discovering errors, after I sent the manuscript in. Nothing major, so far. I'm using the handy-dandy Track Changes to make corrections. My editor may catch them, but in case it slips through...

I don't really know if anyone is interested in my process. Sharing it here is helpful for me. There's something about writing it out that helps clarify what helps and what doesn't.

Then again, my brain is currently in more of a fried state than a functioning state. A little time and patience, and I'll be back in the next story, specifically, the last book in The Silver Locket Sisterhood series.

If you're interested in seeing a bit of my inspiration, this is my Pinterest board for Tarnished Knight, here's the link:
http://www.pinterest.com/lhawkes/tarnished-knight/

May you be blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Track Changes is great for editing. I just wish more people knew how to use it. Often when I'm editing for someone, they don't even know what it is, so it's easier to not use it then to try to explain it. But it really is a helpful tool.

    Your inspirational board at Pinterest is awesome! I do similar things for what I am working on, but I have them on my computer. I wonder if a Pintarest account is the next thing....? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you kept your inspiration on your computer, but I could never make it work for me. I struggled with keeping everything in one place. Pinterest gave me a built-in filing system. :-) I enjoy Pinterest. We can talk about it sometime. ;-)

      Delete