Thursday, December 18, 2014

A bit of research fun...

I'm currently working on the edits for Tarnished Knight. Most of the book takes place at Castle Sugan, a place in my imagination. However, Jack Roper, Lord Roper, sails into Berwick-upon-Tweed from the Continent.

Every story I write includes research of one sort or another. I confess: I often become lost reading about the places I'm writing about.

I've visited the Berwick website and explored the town, even though only short visits are made to the town in my book. Reading about it, looking at the pictures shared on the site, gives me a sense of being there, combined with my own trip to England and Scotland years ago.

The history caught my attention as I double checked information.

http://www.bridgeviewberwick.com/berwick-history.html

2 comments:

  1. Research is definitely fun! I'm stuck in post WWI American right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stuck is definitely the word for it. Amazing how much time passes before you know it. :-)

      Delete