Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas

The gifts of Christmas started with a Child born in a manger, the Son of God, Jesus. This was followed by an offer of calm: Fear not. Then came singing. A star was given, heavenly guidance. Gold, frankincense, and myrrh. The value of the first is still understood the world over. However, the value of the other two has largely been lost over the years. I use the essential oil frankincense as a healing herb. I use a mix of the essential oils frankincense and myrrh on the tip of my nose to help me sleep at night. The scent is relaxing to me.

I bought Chris several years ago as one of my ways to Celebrate the Season:

All kinds of analogies pop into my head regarding Chris.

“Bloom where you are planted.”


Chris thrived, for a while, several years. This past year, Chris… fell apart. Really. Sections would fall off. I felt so badly for Chris, but didn’t know what to do. I suspect Chris needed to be repotted, but anything bigger won’t fit in my window. I’d toss the bits and hope Chris would recover. He didn’t. Two multisegments broke off. Only two leaves were left on Chris, and they looked dried and withered. I couldn’t bear losing Chris. He’d brought me so much beauty over the years. I decided to stick the segments left in dirt and see what happens.

I like single serving fruit cups. Works in my little food storage supply. I saved a couple plastic cups, filled them with dirt, and stuck the segments into the dirt. A quick watering, set on the windowsill, and wait and hope.

Months later, they were growing. They needed growing room. I transferred them to new pots, last week. Yes, I’m very proud.

You might not be able to change your location, but that doesn’t mean you can’t thrive.

Meet Chris’ offspring:


It's important I bend my will to God's rather than demand He bend His will to me. His plan is always better anyway. Here's to learning to better align my will with God in the coming year.

May your day be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment