Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Life and Death...

Palm Sunday.

Did you know that donkeys were a symbol of peace? Did you know that donkeys are smart and fierce? I recently read an article that explained why a donkey appears stubborn. The little critters like to think things through and decide if what you're asking is reasonable. There's a reason the rides into the Grand Canyon are on mules, a cross between a horse and a donkey. A horse will walk off the trail if you push it. A mule won't. A donkey is also often used as a guard dog for sheep. They will assess the danger and attack, if necessary.

I was often called stubborn as a mule. Thanks for the compliment.

Nothing is coincidence with God.

Friday's coming, but so is Sunday.

Jesus knew what was coming. He knew it would be painful and nearly unbearable. He didn't waver.

As a Christian, I should stubbornly follow Christ.

If I'm truly Christian, then I believe it is my responsibility to follow Jesus. I know He won't lead me astray. And yet, how often do I procrastinate or shy away when I know something will be difficult? Too often.

If I truly believe Jesus walks with me when I choose to walk in His way, then my faith demands I step forward boldly. I'm human. I fear making mistakes. Kind of silly. I'm human. I WILL make mistakes. God knew I would.

The Father allowed the sacrifice of His Beloved Son, and His Beloved Son volunteered because it was the only way to bring me Home. Jesus volunteered and persevered through to the end, including the Resurrection not because He was forced to do it but because He loves each of us THAT much.

May your day be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment