Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Beauty in every moment...

I endeavor to look for beauty in each day. Sometimes, it's difficult to find beauty in the moment when everything is falling down around your ears.

This year, I'm keeping a blessing jar. For the first two months, I successfully found something and usually several somethings to be thankful for every day. I fell, at the end of February, again, and it's grown increasingly difficult to find something every day.

I feel ungrateful. I'm not. God is good and has blessed me with amazing people and opportunities. I am grateful. However, when I lay the piece of paper in front of me and click the pen, I stare at the paper, my mind as blank as the paper.

Playing catch up is one of my least favorite games. I hate feeling behind, late, out of step.

Important changes: I've recently made a number of changes in my life that are affecting my regular routines.

Looking at my blessings list at the beginning of the year, I wrote about things: Books I enjoyed; beautiful flowers; gorgeous sunsets; etc.

The list has changed. Now, I'm more likely to list time spent with friends. This is a huge change. Perhaps not to anyone else, but to someone who spends most of her time alone this is momentous.

I'm still enjoying the little things like sunrises and sunsets.





No comments:

Post a Comment