Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Hijacked by Blackberries

I planned, yesterday, in advance. I needed to upload Faith's Labor to Kindle. I needed to work on dictation. I needed to add to Reluctant Knight.

Early Monday morning, 1:00 a.m., I was awoken by thunder and lightening. It rained. Everything was still wet when I woke and went for a walk at 5:30 a.m.

At 8:00 a.m., the thought registered in my head: Check on your blackberries. I figured I'd be able to pick a few, maybe a cup or two. Five cups later, choosing only the best berries, I had enough to make a batch of blackberry jam.

Aren't they pretty?

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of that jam! I also love the idea of 5 am walk. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It not only looks yummy, it tastes yummy, too. :-) Early morning is the only time it's cool enough, already. :-)

      Delete