Thursday, August 27, 2015

Holiday USA Anthology 2014

The Anthology is only available in paperback and contains Happy New Year?, Chocolate Cake for Two, Valentine Delivery, and Tough Luck. The 2014 holidays include New Year's Eve, Chocolate Cake Day, Valentine's Day, and St. Patrick's Day.

As I write Just Friends, book 6 in the Holiday, USA series, I've been thinking about why I started this series. I love the holidays. I enjoy the decorations and the traditions. I've learned about so many from reading books.

Growing up, I planned to celebrate as many holidays as possible with my children. I haven't married, and so there are no children. Unfortunately, I allowed that to keep me from celebrating. Not anymore.

I came up with the idea of writing novellas for holidays a few years ago. I allowed the idea to percolate in the back of my head. Back when I had no idea how to schedule my writing time... I didn't have a schedule and had no clue about how much time I needed for any given project. I allowed grandiose dreams to convince me I could write a novella a month AND maintain my contracted stories schedule.

Not.

The reality check bounced to the moon. Last year, I finished four novellas and combined them into an anthology. The novellas are available for free on Kindle Unlimited. They're listed to the left side of the blog. You can click on the book cover, and it will take you straight to Amazon. I purchase each book to make sure it downloads properly.

Sometimes the characters dictate which holiday they celebrate. Sometimes the holiday beckons particular characters. I like to think every day should be celebrated. A holiday offers a theme.

This year's anthology currently only has Faith's Labor published, Labor Day. I do have two more planned for this year. If you enjoy holidays or a good novella, I hope you'll give my stories a read.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment