Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Tuesday Tidbit

Jillian Chantal posts "Tuesday Tales." (I'm also stealing her Wordless Wednesday. Some of the other blogs I follow also do it.) A group she's involved in uses a single word to prompt their writing. I liked the idea, with a variation. I need to be accountable in my writing. Why it's been such a struggle over the past few months I don't know. It's frustrating. So, I'm trying a lot of new things. Posting every day is one of those things. On Tuesday, I want to share a tidbit of the current WIP. I'm taking a break from Knight in Disguise and writing a Holiday, USA novella, All or Nothing. Unedited, the last bit I wrote before preparing this post:
 
A knock at the office door dragged Angela back to the present. She returned Henry's smile. "You're not interrupting. I'm reviewing the schedule. What do you need?"
"Perfect. Belle and Vince are here and want to make an appointment to discuss a wedding cake."
"Good timing. Send them in." Words crowded her mind. Had God dropped an opportunity into her lap? Her stomach turned into the proverbial Gordian Knot. What did God want her to do?
Belle strolled in, a huge grin on her face. Vince followed. No grin, but his hand rested on Belle's back as he seated her. He made sure she was comfortable, moved his chair closer to her, and sat.
A glance passed between the couple that stole Angela's breath. Would a good man ever look at her like that?


No comments:

Post a Comment