Friday, May 11, 2018

Friday Favorite Recipe

I needed a change in the routine, a refresh way of looking at things.

My Breakfast Shake

I’ve used Carnation Instant Breakfast, for years. It provides protein and other vitamins and minerals. I pour a cup of milk in the blender. Add a frozen mashed banana and the packet of CIB. Add three sprinkles of cinnamon, two sprinkles of ground nutmeg and ginger, and one sprinkle of ground cloves. Add about a half cup of coconut milk. Blend. Add about 10 frozen cherries. Blend. Add 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries. Blend. Add strawberries when I have them. Blend until smooth. I like using a shake straw. It feels decadent.

Blueberries and strawberries were on sale this week and looked beautiful. I wash and freeze them. They keep remarkably well.


No comments:

Post a Comment