Thursday, August 16, 2012

Writer at play...

I've been working on the current WIP. When I'm stuck my favorite way to work past the block is by cooking. I don't know why I find it helpful, but I do. Maybe it's simply a different creative process.

Rhonda Plumhoff has written short cookbooks, and I've enjoyed trying recipes from the two I own: Literary Chocolate and Falling in Love with Pumpkin Again. I've tried the pumpkin biscotti and smoothie recipes and enjoyed both.

Kathy Altman, a writer, is offering her recipe for Pumpkin Coconut Muffins, which is also really yummy.

It's been a while since I last made lavender pancakes and buttermilk syrup. I always feel so indulgent when I enjoy those for breakfast.

There's coconut milk and sticky rice waiting to be made into a Thai delicacy with mangoes. I don't have any mangoes on hand, but I think I could improvise.

Then there's the possibility of crumb muffins or trying some other new recipes.

So many delicious choices.

1 comment:

  1. You sound like a great cook! I'm not a creative cook. I'm one of those people who cooks to eat, and not much more. But I admire REAL cooks, like you.

    ReplyDelete