Thursday, June 5, 2014

Hallee Bridgeman...

At the AZ Dreamin' Reader's Conference, readers are given the opportunity to meet authors. There is "speed dating," during which the available authors visit each table of readers and talk about their books for two minutes. Readers are then given the opportunity meet up to 7 authors by signing up for 6 Book Clubs, no more than 10 people in each group, and Dinner, 8 at the table.

Before attending the conference, I visited the AZDRC website and checked out all the authors. I investigated the types of books they wrote, including reading samples, and made a list of the authors I wanted to meet, some I knew already and some new.

Book Clubs last 30 minutes. Some authors read portions of their book. Some play games, have quizzes, share audio portions of their books. They all share goodies with their fans. It's also an opportunity to have books signed.

I read "Greater Than Rubies" by Hallee Bridgeman (it ties book 1 and 2 together) and knew I wanted to meet her. She writes the Christian Romance novels I want to read! Yes, writers are fans, too.

http://www.amazon.com/Greater-Rubies-Christian-Romance-Jewel-ebook/dp/B00AV59ANM/ref=sr_1_6?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1401902554&sr=1-6&keywords=hallee+bridgeman+jewel+series

I chose Hallee as one of my Book Clubs as well as dinner. What a delightful experience!

For the book club, she and her husband provided a healthy bowl of fruit, coffee, and donut holes. Yummy! We talked as friends do, sharing experiences in writing and our journey to become better Christians. In attending her Book Club and dinner, I also met some wonderful people. It's a joy to walk into a room and know you already have something in common with everyone present, a love for some of the same books.

I bought the Jewel anthology and look forward to reading it, soon. I need more time.

Dinner offered the opportunity to become better acquainted. We shared a prayer before eating, something I usually do alone. We Readers asked questions and the Bridgemans answered and gave more. I was fed not only with delicious food but with fellowship.

What the Bridgemans didn't know: My family was going through a make it or break it time. Because of their faith and example, I was encouraged and strengthened to meet the tribulation waiting for me.

I enjoyed the entire weekend, but my time with the Bridgemans alone made it all worth it. I hope to see them again, next year. I will never look at Monopoly the same way. Read "Greater Than Rubies" and maybe you won't either.

http://www.halleethehomemaker.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment