Tuesday, August 4, 2015

God is Good...

Reluctant Knight's deadline was last Saturday. It's been a real struggle to write this one. I made some changes in my style. The rough draft was really, really rough. Sometimes only a thought of what the chapter should entail. The chapters are much longer, but I used some breaks that I usually rarely use. I also allowed my faith to be more prominent.

It wasn't bad enough that I need to finish a book I've been struggling with for months, but storms were promised those last few days, the worst on the 31st. Yes, I felt like forces were combining against me. If there's thunder and lightning, I turn off the computer, not conducive to finishing a book.

I've been working to learn how to be more faithful and more trusting and more grateful.

Test time.

Wednesday, the storms never materialized. Thursday, the storms dissipated before reaching me.

Friday, a storm rolled in from the east. I turned on the local weather station and would glance at it, from time to time. It also happens to be a good way to help reduce eyestrain. I watched the bank of yellow, red, and green, with lightning flashes, roll across the state. I watched it creep up to about where I live, break apart, and reform on the other side going west.

A little after five, another storm rolled up from the south. Lightning and thunder and buckets of rain. I'd reached the end of the second to last chapter, a good stopping place, for a break. I turned off the computer, ate dinner, did my physical therapy, fed the feral cats, and generally caught up on everything that needed to be done. I realized I needed to make some changes to what I'd written. The lightning and thunder moved further north and vanished by 6:30 p.m.

Another storm was scheduled to roll through round 10:00 p.m. It never showed.

I turned on the computer and wrote, with occasional breaks, finishing at 11:45 p.m., in time to report my word count at the online writing camp I joined this month, for this project. Final 7502 words added.

Done.

Thanks God. I could not do it without You.

No comments:

Post a Comment