Thursday, October 26, 2017

There and Back Again Day 10

I woke early, as usual, and readied for the day. One last packing of my suitcase. L provided toast and yummy homemade jam. She also kindly cooked up some nice crispy bacon. Delicious. L, J, and I chatted until J needed to headed out for home. Another hour, and L drove me to the Austin airport.

Blessedly, I was again Pre-checked. The TSA agent saw my "Eagle and Child" T-shirt, from Oxford, England. It's were Tolkien and CS Lewis hung out with other friends. The literary group was known as the Inklings. The agent commented that he and his wife were only 20-30 miles away, but his wife didn't want to drive there. So close. I consoled him with the information that the shirt was a gift from a friend who had gone. When I went to England I didn't know about the Eagle and Child. The discussion made the whole experience enjoyable.

Shortly before my flight was scheduled to depart sheeting rain arrived. The plane was diverted to San Antonio, so we were delayed 2 hours. I reminded myself that I was on an adventure to the very end. The flight home was pretty uneventful. My sister picked me up.

The adventure ended, for now. It's given me a whole new perspective. Life is an adventure, and I'm living it.


The last photo I took in the Shaker Village. The building is north of the West Family Dwelling. Simply gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment