Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Fun trivial moment...

Last Sunday, I noticed my Christmas cactus, Chris, was drooping a bit. I don't always remember to water him. He's a cactus, so he doesn't need a lot.

I slid him under the faucet and turned the water on, maybe a little too hard. Okay, it was too much.

I informed Chris, "Consider it an Arizona monsoon cloudburst," and returned him to his spot on the windowsill.

Moments later, I glanced at him and noticed water dripping of the roof outside my window, blue skies beyond.

My first thought was, "Oh, shoot. Why do we have water flowing off the roof What went wrong?"

Shifting my position, I was better able to see out side.

Hey, what do you know?

The street and the sidewalk across the way were wet. Taking a closer look, I was able to see the rain coming down. I moved to a different window.

Blue skies, sunny, and raining.

It took some maneuvering to finally see the clouds, but they weren't what I expected. Instead of dark and ominous (what we usually see around here when rain is involved), white fluffy clouds dotted the sky.

Thanks God for the rain without lightning. I appreciated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment