Friday, December 24, 2010

Life is a struggle...

Clearly, I wasn't handling my counselors departure as well as I thought, but I seem to have finally come through, I think, in large part, because of Christmas. There is much I do not understand about love, especially God's perfect love, but I do know that Christmas is an expression of that love, as is Easter. I'm baffled by a world that demands Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. Is there any greater lie than denying the reason for the season? How is it possible to be happy if one lies to one's self? So, Merry CHRISTmas, the celebration of the birth of Christ, God's only Begotten Son. Christ is the reason for the season, and I am daily grateful for that gift given to each of us; we decide if we will accept or reject it, but it was given just the same. Praying for the peace that only Christ may give.

1 comment: