Thursday, April 14, 2011

Another step forward...

The next chapter has been re-written. With all the added information, I'm having to make a lot more changes than I originally anticipated. The story is much better, so it's worth it, but it's a little intimidating sometimes.

I've also discovered that my writing habits are nothing like I thought. I THOUGHT I needed a block of time. I THOUGHT I needed to focus and buckle down and "get the job done." Nope. I write a little, and then I need to take a break. Come back, and write a little. Then take a break. Write outside for a little bit. Then take a break. Enter what I wrote by hand. Then take a break. I'm thinking that this is only true with having to re-write all the material, because I need to think about how to change existing material, and then think through how it changes the upcoming existing material.

In the chapter I edited, today, the original material had the heroine as a complete unknown to the hero. In the new material, he knows who she is, but she doesn't know who he is. I'm going to have to edit the chapter again, but it's now re-written with the new perspective.

1 comment:

  1. Kind of like getting your rhythm when running a marathon.

    ReplyDelete