Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Back to Monday...

I re-wrote chapter two, and realized that my hero and heroine are not meeting soon enough, so it's time to rethink and re-plot, a bit. It's a good story. I've learned a lot since I first started it. It's worth saving. Re-writing is necessary for a better story, and I'm fine with that.

Found myself able to go back to book 3, recognizing the need to explode the last scene I wrote. It's amazing to realize my understanding of the process is expanding, because I'm working with several manuscripts at once. Though the stories are quite different, they reveal clues that are applicable to all, the need to explore the inner workings of the characters, the need for details like sight and smell and touch and hearing.

And the project continues. I'm learning a lot about myself. Hopefully, my journey will help someone else.

Several of my friends are doing random acts of kindness, tomorrow. I haven't decided yet what I want to do... actually, I did it. It required a bit of planning, writing a thank you note that will hopefully arrive tomorrow.

2 comments: