Thursday, September 13, 2012

Revealing a writer's secret...

Patty Froese, writer of Perfect on Paper, blogged about Dangerous Friends.
http://pattyfroese.com/?p=3629

People worry about knowing a writer because they may find themselves in the book. I don't know about all writers but the writers I know composite their characters. A person may inspire, but the writer takes the spark of inspiration and evolves it into their own creation.This is true of everything in a writer's life. Anything is subject to ending up in a story.

For example, in my upcoming release, Luck in Love, the hero is a photographer. He creates a triptych, so I had to create a triptych. I'm not a photographer. My sister is. I envisioned the three pictures and asked my sister if it was possible. Sure! Photochop! Ummm...this is 1973 and 1983. Oh. Okay, this is what you can and can't do. And so I created the triptych around those parameters.

Now, for the secret.

For those who worry about knowing a writer and having your secrets revealed know this: A writer reveals far more about themselves than they will ever reveal about you.

I leave you to mull over that bit of information. ;-D


1 comment: